The English Language is one of the most useful legacies we have of the British presence in India. It is today probably the most powerful and precise instrument of expression among all the languages and so most people today want to learn English. The Department focuses in imparting knowledge to the students morally, intellectually aspiring individuals and to face the competitive exams successfully. The students are motivated to exhibit and prove themselves in the competitive world. It also provides a friendly atmosphere and help students to develop their self-confidence and leadership qualities that transform them into responsible citizen. Education in its complete sense helps one to perceive a different dimension of the entire universe. The ever-changing complex global scenario demands teachers to be abreast with the latest technology, diverse delivery mechanism, besides their expertise in their content areas.
- A teacher is a continuous learner, a guide by the side to bring out the innate hidden potential of the student.
- Knowledge is within every student in dormant state as each brain is preinstalled with the operating system. It is for the teacher to load appropriate software to make learning optimum as each learner deserves a tailored Instructional strategy as per one’s strengths and needs.
Every year in the field of education is been practiced systematically. This helps the students to get accumulated in their field of learning the language in an effective manner.
|Name||Ms.S.Catherine Sathya Julie|
|Designation||Assistant Professor in English|
- Training programme on "Educational Technology" organized by st.chirstopher’s college of education, funded by united board for Christian higher education in Asia form 11.10.2017 – 13.10.2017
- One day orientation programme on 17.11.2017 organized by Tamilnadu Teachers Education University for the faculty members.
- National seminar on "vision 2030 strategies to attain sustainable development goal 4 ( quality education) for seamless transformation" on 19-20 January 2018 organized by internal quality assurance cell IQAC of Loyola college of education, Nungabakkam ch-34
- Two day national colloquium on MECHANICS OF THESIS WRITING organized by the Department of educational planning and administration, Tamilnadu Teachers education university ch-600 097 held on 18th & 19th April 2018
- One day National workshop on "using storytelling to teach and learn English language" organized by the department of pedagogical sciences at Tamilnadu Teachers education university, karappakkam Chennai on 31.01.2019.
- One day national symposium "Social Emotional Learning" building effective skills in classroom held at Nazareth college of education for women, avadi ch-600 062 on 15th march 2019.
Brief detail about the Laboratory
- An English language laboratory is in usage. All the necessary software is installed
College Rank Holders